Thursday, June 30, 2011



For the first time in a while, I tried using color on the computer like paint and got so keyboard-crushingly-sweep-everything-off-the-table frustrated I wanted to give up. It almost seemed hopeless to me to even think of improving my color sense...

And then I realized I also haven't been exercising my creativity--designing characters, worlds, writing stories, drawing whats on my mind, or even fanart...

The point of this post is as a reminder:
1. Besides diligently practicing technique (which right now for me is just speed figure drawing sessions everyday)
2. don't feel discouraged to draw whatever the fuck you feel like in whatever amateur use of color, line, shading, blah blah blah you want!

Every blah drawing is a step closer to awesomeness.

(Next step is to apply this positive thinking to my anxiety concerning school... I am seriously freaked out man.)

2 comments:

  1. Hello M! I found you! Or rather, Cf- left her blogger signed in on my laptop and when I went to read mines, I found yours. =D
    Did you do this with your bamboo book? It's pretty!
    Don't get discouraged! You'll be able to do great things with your creativity, I'm sure of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you can do it! keep me update on how things go. it's going to be a tough journey but i know you have all it takes to make it through. good luck with the new year!

    ReplyDelete